Monday, August 2, 2010

I've not been very active today...the weather is bad outdoors and I find I am spending my day sitting in front of the laptop.
At the moment I'm on a diet that allows only 120g of carbs a day...the rest is protein...
If I had to put carbs into my mouth with the amount of movement I'm doing its sure would end up on my hips...
Trying to get through 2 litres of water ~ I add fresh lemon pieces to my jug of water ~ such a refreshing drink...
Today I start counting my steps ~
I will be cleaning up today so might do a bit more steps than I usually do in my day...
I know for myself I need to be more active, since living in Germany I dont move nearly as much as I did back in CT.
My neighbour suggested ( after 3 years ) on Saturday night that I join her on a Monday evening to an aerobic class ( WITH LOTS OF OLD PEOPLE) and she walks 3x a week, I am free to join.
I will look into this when I return from my holiday in November....not to keen to walk during winter time outdoors...
Heinz mentioned he will look into setting up a gym for me downstairs in the cellar...buy a few machines for us to use...that may be the answer as the gyms are so expensive here...R1000,00 a month for both of us.

I am shocked to see on a *busy* day in my life I only managed to do 2408 steps from 7am till after 11pm...
I did a lot more than I do during my usual day, I cleaned the house....and I sat in front of pc and watched tv...now my normal day I spend in front of pc and watch tv and dont clean house...can you imagine if I had tested my steps on a day like that ~ there would be no more than 1 000 steps I'm sure.
Today I'm going to walk to town, its about a 15/20 minute walk there and then back...
It's not going to get my steps anywhere near the 10 000 I should be doing, but as I have no housework today ( beside ironing ) I am sure the walk to town is going to balance my steps to about the same as yesterday...
I need to invest in a treadmill living here so I can walk and watch tv, I cant see with winter coming that I'm going to get my steps up each day and I know from past experience that my weight problems boil down to not moving enough during my day.
Yesterday I made an effort to add steps to my day... I walked to town, even though it was chilly. I know that by sitting at home all day I can never get my steps up past 4 000 a day...the walk to town and back gives me about 6 000 steps a day ~ so worth it when I checked to see how many I did before going to bed. The walk was also enjoyable, it got me out of the house. I do worry about winter months, am going to have to work on hubby to buy that treadmill so I can walk while watching tv...
I'm going to Fulda today, will walk around there between my hair and nail appointment...I want to keep my steps up now.
Day two 9060 steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment