Tuesday, August 3, 2010

31 March 2009

I'm in Somerset West with my daughter until tomorrow afternoon, I have a weigh in so have to head back to the other side of Cape Town. Each week when one attends a meeting you get a book, there are 12 books as WW is a 12 week program....I have 4 books so far and find them very helpful and interesting - here in South Africa the WW members dont have the stunning websites like the other countries have...so these books come in very hand for meal ideas - tips on eating out, training etc...I dont want to miss out on a book so making sure I go - the weighing in is the worst as I am not losing as much as I would like to - but know going keeps me motivated...I am hoping to have all my 12 books by the time I return to Germany as I will only be attending 9 weeks worth of sessions, but as I've paid for the 12 I'm sure my last lesson if I ask I will get them all...

Back in Germany before I came to CT I used the WW UK site, a friend of mine was a member and said I could use the site via her password, I needed access to the food tracker, she was not using it...my friend is a WW expert so knows what everything weighs without having to check it up like I had to. I love the UK site but as my friend has reached goal weight and her 12 weeks are up she is no longer a member - meaning no more access to that site for me. I had a look at the German WW site and see its very much the same as the UK one so have asked Hubby to please join me up as from the 1st May as I get back to Germany the 3rd, he said he would do that for me as he knows its something I will use...I will need him to explain a few things, but am sure I will be able to figure it out as I can read and understand German a lot better than I can speak it.

I saw online Germany sell a food scale ( saw on in a shop before I left ) that weighs the food and gives you the food valve in points...I think thats something I must have...and then WW has this training monitor where it shows you how many points you have gained by training...so should I run for 30 mins it gives me 3 points...but am sure that this watch will be more correct as you will have to put in your age and weight...maybe its less the slimmer you get...so thats a must for me as well...

I noticed that the thinner you are the less points you need...
So if you weigh between 90/109 kg you would eat 24 points
50/69kgs only 18 points...
Thank goodness veggies are all free as I love them and fruits are not too bad either...
Hubby mentioned that he is keen to start WW with me as well.....
My goal right now is to reach goal weight of 65kgs - then once there I will keep to my points during the week and weekends take a break and eat bigger portions should I so desire....Heinz and I do lots of cycling over summer time and I love running and walking in the forest...so am sure I'll reach goal weight soon after getting back to Germany ....for now as long as I stay the same or lose a few points each week I'm happy...after all I am on holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment