Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Need more POINTS

I have been very good when it comes to keeping within my POINTS allowed everyday since I started the WW lifestyle in Feb....Never have I been over - under by a few POINTS, yes, but over, never!!

So yesterday was my first experience and boy, was I annoyed with myself!!

Went to have my nails done and on my way back I stopped at Aldi to see what they had in the store before heading home, when I walked in I walked past these packets of Rice cakes coated in either chocolate or yogurt, I checked the calories and saturated fat and thought * this looks okay* so bought them...when I got to the car I opened the packed and inside found the rice cakes where packed in smaller packets of 3...so I ate 3!! Gosh, it tasted so good...
When I got home I needed to now write these rice cakes in my food journal, but first I had to work out how many points I had eaten ( cant be that bad now I thought )
WW site has a section where you log in the kcal, the saturated fat and how many kgs it weighs and then it gives you the points value...so first I worked out how much one rice cake was as one rice cake is 17g....1.5 POINTS...now remember I had eaten 3!! That added to 4,5 POINTS, on a snack, which is way to high...

So when it came to dinner time I only had 5 points left and my dinner equalled 8 POINTS - This meant I went over my POINT allowence by 3 POINTS...

Geez, I was cross with myself - such bad planning and I never put anything in my mouth without knowing the POINT value, cause of this situation...so lesson learnt.

Thank goodness I taught a class last night and it equalled to 3 extra points for my day..so all in all I managed to balance it out....*shew* - relief!! :)

Am off to gym this morning....I need to burn calories and gain extra POINTS for the week that lies ahead...Thursday is a public holiday and with Heinz home we always land up eating more...

No comments:

Post a Comment