Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 17


The last day today....Day 17 of the 17 Day Diet
Day 12 of the 50 Days No Sugar Challenge

I'm on my last day today which means weigh in day for me tomorrow
To be very honest - I AM VERY NERVOUS
I worry that I will be disappointed - I know those feelings so well, why I stopped weighing myself back in October.

I woke up today feeling heavy...emotionally heavy.
I think its hormonal, but its still an emotion I'm having to deal with today
I am down in the dumps...I just don't feel the way I have been the last few weeks today.
Anyway...a Story about today.

I went to the Farmers Market in town this morning
Although the weather was miserable and only 15 degrees, I wanted to go and talk to the farmers about their products, how they grow their fruit and veg and if they inject hormones into their animals and lastly if their animals are grass or grain fed.

 I was thrilled to hear that in Germany there is a law that NO animal may receive hormones 
That means even my shop bought meat is good quality.
All chickens from this farmer are roaming and not caged...
So today I bought Strawberries, Blueberries and Large farm eggs.

While out and feeling so miserable I stopped at the Health shop to buy a few Gluten free things...not many as most are high in sugar...I needed a box of crackers and almond butter.
I noticed I started picking up the gluten free slab of chocolates and looking to see how much sugar was inside.....I just wanted something to eat as thats they way I always react to my bad emotions....my first reaction is to feed myself.

Thank goodness I recognized my emotions of wanting to comfort eat and walked away.
I reminded myself that I'm on my last day of the diet today and that tomorrow was weigh in day...
I do know if this was not the case I would have given in and eaten....all cause of emotions. ( sad )
But I have won.....so am happy!


The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it.

1 comment:

  1. That was a big win for you Marcelle: resisting the chocolate.

    I think it's great that animals can't receive hormones in Germany. Makes me think how this is in Holland. I think it is still allowed here. I buy my meat at a butcher that has his meat from a biological farm in my village.

    ReplyDelete