Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday ~ 2nd and last day in hospital

Day two in hospital....

I went to bed soon after 10pm as the old lady's husband asked me at 8pm to please wake his wife up at 10 pm so she could take her medication....
I was a little shocked...do the staff not come and wake her up...anyway I played on the internet and woke her up in time...then went off to dreamland..

I did wake up at 2 am...went to the loo and sat there reading a magazine....then came back and went to sleep till 7am...was so dark outside but could see it was going to be a lovely day.

I got into my gym gear...told the nurse on duty I would be away for over 30mins...
Started running the moment I set foot out of this building...first uphill which really caught me, then downhill where I managed to feel better ( 10 mins mark ) then up hill again to the hospital.
I walked into the building and then run slowly up the floors...all 9 of them.
Got to the top and did 3 sets of 12 lunges onto the step...walked to my room and did 4 sets of 6 proper push ups...then went to shower.

Ran and Trained for 38 minutes
Burned to my surprise 506 calories...what I normally do in an hour
HR 129 - 153

As you can see i have been eating my own meals since coming to hospital...this was me this morning after run and shower ~ I asked the lady sharing with me's daughter ~ a photographer as well as nurse to take the photo....I wanted to share with you all how I am keeping to clean eating....
I went for so many tests again today....sit around waiting ....test, sent off to the next place....sit around....got through it.
Then the pharmacist came around to show me how to inject myself and said the first one would start this evening...what a process and the side effects for the first three months!!!
So I decided that I will only start the treatment in the New Year...I spoke to the Professor about this and he says its up to me...that he has looked at my results and MRI scans and that I have slow moving MS....and that he does suggest I do the treatment but for now to go and have a good holiday with my family.
So that is where I am......And...Going home at 17.30 ~ Hubby coming to collect me


  1. so happy for you that you are able to go home Marcelle!

  2. Hooray that you get to go home!! The part where you said your husband is coming to "collect" you made me laugh!! :)

  3. That's soon my friend, glad that you are going home so soon. And happy that you can start the treatment in January because of the side effects.

  4. I am so glad that you are getting to go home and wait to do the treatments so that you can enjoy your time with your family!

  5. Thanks for keeping us posted on your Hospital visit-you're definitly not their typical patient! I can just imagine the hospital staff watching you out the window running between tests. Wow!

  6. I love that it is slow moving! Now, let's pray for a fast moving cure! If you can be that prepared, being in the hospital, I need to get my act together!

  7. So happy that you are home :)

  8. YAY! Glad you're going home. Killer work out. Way to stay motivated.

  9. just visiting your blog for the first time- stay strong and motivated!!