Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 14 / 17 DD


This morning two of my neighbors and I went out for a run....one was not feeling too good, so we started with fast pace walking, then running, walking up the steep hills and running all the flats and the last 6km ( 3.7 miles ) we ran home.
We ran/walked the 9 km ( 5.5 miles ) in an hour and 11 mins
Burned 782 calories
19% fat
120 - 160 HR

Felt good to get out in the fresh air and catch up with the girls...it was a run I really enjoyed...

At 12pm I went next door for the birthday BBQ
I drank water
Ate BBQ Turkey and lettuce with a light dressing
Then ate slice of *Russian Cake *
The main ingredients are Quark, eggs, coco powder and 100g sugar for the whole cake
So felt if I was going to treat myself, it would be with that one.
The best choice from what was there.

I ignored all the other cakes, and there were lots
I didn't eat any of the other salads which had white pasta and thick mayo dressing
I never drank the champagne
I kept to healthy choices.
left there not feeling * stuffed * but satisfied.




My weeks review

Ran 24 km ( 14.9 miles )
Burned 3610 calories
7 Workouts
3x Kettlebell
1x aerobic class
2x days off

I have three days left on this plan....
Then will add in a few carbs every 2nd day...
But keep to this plan as its working for me.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day and great week!
    Good for you on making smart choices!
    HUGS ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still doing an amazing job. Sorry I don't get by very much - I think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great at the bbq - making good choices is key in this journey! It's great to find a plan that works and that you can live with. It's never all or nothing. We have to feel god about what we choose.

    Have yet another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on making good choices - that is always hard to do at a social event. And what a nice run - good pace! Don't you just love how many calories an hours long run burns? That always makes me happy when I see it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read the title I thought: has it already been 14 days she's on the plan. What's next but at the end you answered the question already :)

    You made good choices at the bbq. Nothing wrong with just 1 slice of cake at a party.

    And also a good training week!

    You're doing so well lately, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What another great week you had! I think I need to take my eating by weeks and not months. I might do better. I love the picture of the tea. The colors are amazing. Glad you ate a piece of cake. Nothing wrong with enjoying a little slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GF! amazing!!!! I think I need to learn to BLOG and do all the little things you add! :)
    U ROCK!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete