Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love my teaching days

Yesterday I had such a good class.....was so bored all day, that when I arrived at the hall to teach, I found myself yawning and yawning....think it was the first time I got some fresh air after being indoors in the heated house all day. Anyway, once I got going I found I was filled with energy to give everyone a good workout out. Can read from the faces of the women and know if they like what I'm doing or not, if they bored, or if they think I'm pushing them too hard. Faces from where I stand tell are unspoken words.
After class I got * chatting * to a few of them
( As much chatting I can do in broken German and them in broken English )
They are all loving the classes and are so pleased I am back for another 10 sessions once we have finished this one...

I love Tuesday's and Wednesday's as I go through the whole day without having to talk to myself to get out and train, its the two days I know I'm going to be getting a workout no matter what!!!
I did do 300 sit ups both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings while watching on Tuesday ~ UK's Biggest Loser and on Wednesday ~ USA's The biggest Loser on TV.
I struggled to find a WHEY protein without sugar, Aspartame, Fructose etc.....I eventually found this one on Amazon.de and ordered it. I was so excited to give it a try, but once I did I hated it...the taste was terrible without the sugar, sweetener, etc. At that time I was still FULL into sugar ~ could not drink my coffee without 2 tsp of Agave syrup or honey ( 8 tsp's a day ) to all the sugar filled foods that are hidden so never thought of it as sugar. I tried this Whey for a few times and then packed it way. Yesterday I thought I must give it another try with my GREEN shake I am having for a snack in the mornings.....I could taste the Whey Protein, but this time not as disgusting as it was before....so today added another scoop into my Green shake.
Before I say good bye I want to leave you with this....

Diet Soda Isn’t Any Better
For those of you with a diet soda in your hands, the news isn’t any better, in fact it’s worse! Carol Simontacchi from her book The Crazy Makers: How the Food Industry Is Destroying Our Brains and Harming Our Children states, “One liter of an aspartame-sweetened beverage can produce about fifty-six milligrams of methanol. When several of these beverages are consumed in a short period of time (one day, perhaps), as much as two hundred fifty milligrams of methanol are dumped into the bloodstream, or thirty-two times the EPA limit.” So, you’re poisoning your body, too.

And when it comes to saccharin, which is a noncaloric petroleum derivative estimated to be three hundred to five hundred times sweeter than sugar: “More than a dozen animal tests over the last thirty years have demonstrated the carcinogenic effects of saccharin in the bladder and other sites, particularly female reproductive organs, and in some instances at doses as low as the equivalent of one to two bottles of diet pop daily.”

With diet soda, you’ve gone from high calories to poisonous levels of methanal and an increased chance of developing cancer. Not a very good trade.


4 comments:

  1. I think that my whey powder has sugar in it because I do like the taste of it. I only use it after a long run with milk and make a shake of it.

    Good to hear your class went so well yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on diet soda - it's just as bad as regular soda, if not worse, because I think people easily drink too much of it thinking it can do no harm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been able to drink an entire soda - diet or regular. The fizziness of the drink simply doesn't agree with me

    I'm having trouble getting on to your other blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soda isn't good at all...I agree with you! It is super hard to find pwder with no or low sugar- I finally got some from my doctor....
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete